State-of-the-art inshore patrol vessel commissioned
Chennai: A state-of-the-art inshore patrol vessel to guard the eastern coast of the country was on Tuesday commissioned here into the Coast Guard by Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh.
Equipped with advanced and sophisticated sensors and equipment, `ICGS Rajkamal` is the fourth class of 50 metres inshore patrol vessel (IPV), constructed by Kolkata-based Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd (GRSE).
Having a displacement of 300 tonnes and with the capacity to travel at a speed of 34 knots, the vessel will be manned by five officers and 30 personnel.
Indian Coast Guard presently has a fleet strength of 26 fast and inshore patrol vessels.
"Inshore vessels are the workhorses of the Coast Guard in the mid-category of patrol vessels," MP Muralidharan, Director General of the Coast Guard, said.
The vessel has an integrated bridge system, integrated machinery control system, high power external fire fighting system and one indigenous close range naval gun mount - CRN 91 along with an stabilised optronic pedestal (SOP) fire control system for day and night usage.
"The vessel is designed to perform multiple roles, including surveillance of maritime zones of India, safety of offshore installations, search and rescue, anti-smuggling, anti-poaching, and maritime pollution response," he said.
The vessel will be primarily based in Chennai and will be administered by Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (East).
The exhibitors will be showcasing their products and service innovations from key sectors such as engineering and automobiles, oil and gas, energy, power, chemicals and petro chemicals, financial services, IT and ITeS, mining and minerals.
Many players from emerging sectors such as environment technology, green & renewable energy and SME sectors are also showcasing their strength at the show.
Apart from partner countries Japan and Canada, various other nations like USA, UK, Australia, Netherlands, Rwanda, Israel and Mozambique have marked their presence at the mega-event.
The event was graced by various ministers like Anandi Patel, Nitin Patel, Saurabh Patel, captains of industry like Gautam Adani, Sudhir Mehta, Parimal Nathwani and other dignitaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam