State-of-the-art inshore patrol vessel commissioned
Chennai: A state-of-the-art inshore patrol vessel to guard the eastern coast of the country was on Tuesday commissioned here into the Coast Guard by Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh.
Equipped with advanced and sophisticated sensors and equipment, `ICGS Rajkamal` is the fourth class of 50 metres inshore patrol vessel (IPV), constructed by Kolkata-based Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd (GRSE).
Having a displacement of 300 tonnes and with the capacity to travel at a speed of 34 knots, the vessel will be manned by five officers and 30 personnel.
Indian Coast Guard presently has a fleet strength of 26 fast and inshore patrol vessels.
"Inshore vessels are the workhorses of the Coast Guard in the mid-category of patrol vessels," MP Muralidharan, Director General of the Coast Guard, said.
The vessel has an integrated bridge system, integrated machinery control system, high power external fire fighting system and one indigenous close range naval gun mount - CRN 91 along with an stabilised optronic pedestal (SOP) fire control system for day and night usage.
"The vessel is designed to perform multiple roles, including surveillance of maritime zones of India, safety of offshore installations, search and rescue, anti-smuggling, anti-poaching, and maritime pollution response," he said.
The vessel will be primarily based in Chennai and will be administered by Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (East).
The exhibitors will be showcasing their products and service innovations from key sectors such as engineering and automobiles, oil and gas, energy, power, chemicals and petro chemicals, financial services, IT and ITeS, mining and minerals.
Many players from emerging sectors such as environment technology, green & renewable energy and SME sectors are also showcasing their strength at the show.
Apart from partner countries Japan and Canada, various other nations like USA, UK, Australia, Netherlands, Rwanda, Israel and Mozambique have marked their presence at the mega-event.
The event was graced by various ministers like Anandi Patel, Nitin Patel, Saurabh Patel, captains of industry like Gautam Adani, Sudhir Mehta, Parimal Nathwani and other dignitaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof