States can reduce VAT on petrol: Narayanasamy
Chennai: Amid the mounting pressure for rollback of petrol price hike, Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy has said states could reduce the Value Added Tax (VAT) on petroleum products to provide relief to the people.
"The states can lower the VAT and that can help reduce the petrol price," he told reporters at the airport here on Saturday night.
The latest hike in petrol price by Rs 7.50 has come under flak from opposition and also key UPA allies DMK and Trinamool.
On Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa writing to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh demanding more kerosene allocation to the state, he said, "There has been an increase in the LPG allotment to the state. However, the Centre will look into Tamil Nadu`s demand (for kerosene)."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video