Steps to ensure devout Christians travel to Bethlehem: Jaya
Nagercoil: The AIADMK if voted to power
after the April 13 assembly polls in the state would take
steps to ensure devout Christians travel to holy Bethlehem,
just like Muslims go on Haj pilgrimage to Mecca, party leader
Jayalalithaa said on Saturday.
"If the AIADMK alliance comes to power in Tamil Nadu after
the polls, the government will help devout Christians travel
to Israel, just like Muslims go for the Haj pilgrimage," she
said, addressing an election meeting in Kanyakumari.
Coming down on the DMK government, she said its five year
rule had only seen it rocked by the 2G spectrum scam, increase
in power cuts, affecting agriculture and textile industries,
unemployment and issue of poor quality rice to people.
If her party alliance was voted to power, people would be
assured of rule of law and provision of basic amenities, she
She later arrived here and promised voters that Nagercoil
Muncipality would be changed to Corporation and that an
underground drainage system would be built.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row