Steps to ensure devout Christians travel to Bethlehem: Jaya
Nagercoil: The AIADMK if voted to power
after the April 13 assembly polls in the state would take
steps to ensure devout Christians travel to holy Bethlehem,
just like Muslims go on Haj pilgrimage to Mecca, party leader
Jayalalithaa said on Saturday.
"If the AIADMK alliance comes to power in Tamil Nadu after
the polls, the government will help devout Christians travel
to Israel, just like Muslims go for the Haj pilgrimage," she
said, addressing an election meeting in Kanyakumari.
Coming down on the DMK government, she said its five year
rule had only seen it rocked by the 2G spectrum scam, increase
in power cuts, affecting agriculture and textile industries,
unemployment and issue of poor quality rice to people.
If her party alliance was voted to power, people would be
assured of rule of law and provision of basic amenities, she
She later arrived here and promised voters that Nagercoil
Muncipality would be changed to Corporation and that an
underground drainage system would be built.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof