Steps to ensure devout Christians travel to Bethlehem: Jaya
Nagercoil: The AIADMK if voted to power
after the April 13 assembly polls in the state would take
steps to ensure devout Christians travel to holy Bethlehem,
just like Muslims go on Haj pilgrimage to Mecca, party leader
Jayalalithaa said on Saturday.
"If the AIADMK alliance comes to power in Tamil Nadu after
the polls, the government will help devout Christians travel
to Israel, just like Muslims go for the Haj pilgrimage," she
said, addressing an election meeting in Kanyakumari.
Coming down on the DMK government, she said its five year
rule had only seen it rocked by the 2G spectrum scam, increase
in power cuts, affecting agriculture and textile industries,
unemployment and issue of poor quality rice to people.
If her party alliance was voted to power, people would be
assured of rule of law and provision of basic amenities, she
She later arrived here and promised voters that Nagercoil
Muncipality would be changed to Corporation and that an
underground drainage system would be built.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why