Steps to ensure devout Christians travel to Bethlehem: Jaya
Nagercoil: The AIADMK if voted to power
after the April 13 assembly polls in the state would take
steps to ensure devout Christians travel to holy Bethlehem,
just like Muslims go on Haj pilgrimage to Mecca, party leader
Jayalalithaa said on Saturday.
"If the AIADMK alliance comes to power in Tamil Nadu after
the polls, the government will help devout Christians travel
to Israel, just like Muslims go for the Haj pilgrimage," she
said, addressing an election meeting in Kanyakumari.
Coming down on the DMK government, she said its five year
rule had only seen it rocked by the 2G spectrum scam, increase
in power cuts, affecting agriculture and textile industries,
unemployment and issue of poor quality rice to people.
If her party alliance was voted to power, people would be
assured of rule of law and provision of basic amenities, she
She later arrived here and promised voters that Nagercoil
Muncipality would be changed to Corporation and that an
underground drainage system would be built.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'