Student commits suicide over inablity to speak English
Salem: Upset over being asked by his parents why he was unable to converse fluently in English despite being in the third year of his engineering course, a student committed suicide in his room, police said.
The 23-year-old student had come home for Pongal holidays from Coimbatore, where he was doing his course.
In the course of a conversation, his parents posed this question to him following which he locked himself inside a room, consumed poision and died, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown