Student commits suicide when asked why unable to speak fluent English
Salem (TN): Hurt over being asked by his parents why he was unable to converse fluently in English despite being in the third year of his engineering course, a student committed suicide in his room, police said.
The 23-year-old student had come home for Pongal holidays from Coimbatore, where he was doing his course. In the course of a conversation, his parents posed this question to him following which he locked himself inside a room, consumed poison and died, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi pay homage to Jawaharlal Nehru on 52nd death anniversary
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin officially divorced
- Islamic State hit by 150 US-led air strikes near Syria`s Raqa: Monitor
- Veerappan movie review: Brilliant camerawork engages you
- Green tea or black tea - Which is better in summer?