Student commits suicide when asked why unable to speak fluent English
Salem (TN): Hurt over being asked by his parents why he was unable to converse fluently in English despite being in the third year of his engineering course, a student committed suicide in his room, police said.
The 23-year-old student had come home for Pongal holidays from Coimbatore, where he was doing his course. In the course of a conversation, his parents posed this question to him following which he locked himself inside a room, consumed poison and died, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi