Students burn Congress flags, arrested
Coimbatore: Fifty students were arrested here when they burnt Congress flags in protest against the attack on law college students in Tiruchirapalli, allegedly by some Congress party workers on Wednesday.
Police said students of Govt Law and Arts and science Colleges, under the banner of Students Committee, raised slogans against the Congress near Town Hall and burnt three to four party flags.
However, police managed to snatch some flags, they said.
All the students were released in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA