Students consume rice mixed with soil in TN
Coimbatore: Students at a college in Mettupalayam staging a dharna for the past eight days to press their charter of demands, on Tuesday consumed rice mixed with soil to draw the attention of authorities to their plight.
The students of Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI) , including 42 girls, were on dharna inside the college campus, to press their demands including maintaining status quo over the percentage of posts reserved for the FCRI students.
The college, affiliated to Tamil Nadu Agricultural University was closed indefinitely on July 23,following the strike and students were asked to vacate the hostel.
As there was no positive signal from the authorities, also to announce the results of test for recruitment to the post of ranger, the students consumed rice mixed with soil and sand, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble