Students consume rice mixed with soil in TN
Coimbatore: Students at a college in Mettupalayam staging a dharna for the past eight days to press their charter of demands, on Tuesday consumed rice mixed with soil to draw the attention of authorities to their plight.
The students of Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI) , including 42 girls, were on dharna inside the college campus, to press their demands including maintaining status quo over the percentage of posts reserved for the FCRI students.
The college, affiliated to Tamil Nadu Agricultural University was closed indefinitely on July 23,following the strike and students were asked to vacate the hostel.
As there was no positive signal from the authorities, also to announce the results of test for recruitment to the post of ranger, the students consumed rice mixed with soil and sand, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside