Students consume rice mixed with soil in TN
Coimbatore: Students at a college in Mettupalayam staging a dharna for the past eight days to press their charter of demands, on Tuesday consumed rice mixed with soil to draw the attention of authorities to their plight.
The students of Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI) , including 42 girls, were on dharna inside the college campus, to press their demands including maintaining status quo over the percentage of posts reserved for the FCRI students.
The college, affiliated to Tamil Nadu Agricultural University was closed indefinitely on July 23,following the strike and students were asked to vacate the hostel.
As there was no positive signal from the authorities, also to announce the results of test for recruitment to the post of ranger, the students consumed rice mixed with soil and sand, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire