Students consume rice mixed with soil in TN
Coimbatore: Students at a college in Mettupalayam staging a dharna for the past eight days to press their charter of demands, on Tuesday consumed rice mixed with soil to draw the attention of authorities to their plight.
The students of Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI) , including 42 girls, were on dharna inside the college campus, to press their demands including maintaining status quo over the percentage of posts reserved for the FCRI students.
The college, affiliated to Tamil Nadu Agricultural University was closed indefinitely on July 23,following the strike and students were asked to vacate the hostel.
As there was no positive signal from the authorities, also to announce the results of test for recruitment to the post of ranger, the students consumed rice mixed with soil and sand, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation