Sub Judge dies of heart attack while travelling
Salem (Tamil Nadu): A 50-year-old Sub Judge in neighbouring Dharmapuri District died here of a heart attack while travelling in a bus on Monday.
The deceased, Duraiswamy was returning to Dharmapuri from his native Tiruppur after the weekend holiday when he experienced severe chest pain and got down at the bus stand here, police said.
Sensing trouble, he himself called 108 ambulance and asked the staff to rush him to the Mohan Kumaramangalam Government Hospital.
However, doctors declared him dead on arrival at the hospital, they said adding the deceased had a history of high blood pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH