Sudarsanam 7th lawmaker to die in 13th TN assembly
Chennai: Congress lawmaker D Sudarsanam is the seventh member of the 13th Tamil Nadu assembly to have died during the tenure (2006-2011) of the state legislature.
The Congress Legislative Party leader died in a hospital in Coimbatore Saturday night following cardiac arrest. He was attending the first World Classical Tamil Conference there.
Besides Sudarsanam, another Congress legislator Selvaraj, DMK lawmakers PTR Palanivel Rajan, Jayaraman and Periannan, AIADMK`s SV Shanmugham and MDMK`s Veera Illavarasan are the other legislators to have died during the tenure of the present assembly.
Assembly elections were held in Tamil Nadu May 8, 2006 and the assembly was constituted May 12. The DMK government under chief minister M. Karunanidhi was sworn in May 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security