Sudarsanam 7th lawmaker to die in 13th TN assembly
Chennai: Congress lawmaker D Sudarsanam is the seventh member of the 13th Tamil Nadu assembly to have died during the tenure (2006-2011) of the state legislature.
The Congress Legislative Party leader died in a hospital in Coimbatore Saturday night following cardiac arrest. He was attending the first World Classical Tamil Conference there.
Besides Sudarsanam, another Congress legislator Selvaraj, DMK lawmakers PTR Palanivel Rajan, Jayaraman and Periannan, AIADMK`s SV Shanmugham and MDMK`s Veera Illavarasan are the other legislators to have died during the tenure of the present assembly.
Assembly elections were held in Tamil Nadu May 8, 2006 and the assembly was constituted May 12. The DMK government under chief minister M. Karunanidhi was sworn in May 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you