Sudarsanam 7th lawmaker to die in 13th TN assembly
Chennai: Congress lawmaker D Sudarsanam is the seventh member of the 13th Tamil Nadu assembly to have died during the tenure (2006-2011) of the state legislature.
The Congress Legislative Party leader died in a hospital in Coimbatore Saturday night following cardiac arrest. He was attending the first World Classical Tamil Conference there.
Besides Sudarsanam, another Congress legislator Selvaraj, DMK lawmakers PTR Palanivel Rajan, Jayaraman and Periannan, AIADMK`s SV Shanmugham and MDMK`s Veera Illavarasan are the other legislators to have died during the tenure of the present assembly.
Assembly elections were held in Tamil Nadu May 8, 2006 and the assembly was constituted May 12. The DMK government under chief minister M. Karunanidhi was sworn in May 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open