Sudarsanam 7th lawmaker to die in 13th TN assembly
Chennai: Congress lawmaker D Sudarsanam is the seventh member of the 13th Tamil Nadu assembly to have died during the tenure (2006-2011) of the state legislature.
The Congress Legislative Party leader died in a hospital in Coimbatore Saturday night following cardiac arrest. He was attending the first World Classical Tamil Conference there.
Besides Sudarsanam, another Congress legislator Selvaraj, DMK lawmakers PTR Palanivel Rajan, Jayaraman and Periannan, AIADMK`s SV Shanmugham and MDMK`s Veera Illavarasan are the other legislators to have died during the tenure of the present assembly.
Assembly elections were held in Tamil Nadu May 8, 2006 and the assembly was constituted May 12. The DMK government under chief minister M. Karunanidhi was sworn in May 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'