Sudhakaran case transferred to another NDPS court
Chennai: The Principal Court for cases under Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances on Monday transferred the heroin possession case against Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s disowned foster son V N Sudhakaran to another local court,after deferring judgment thrice following receipt of a telegram.
After receiving the telegram on April 18, Special Judge for Drugs Cases Ramamurthy had said the issue would be placed before the Madras High Court for further instructions.
The Judge had informed that the court had received a telegram in which certain observations have been made against him and he was forwarding the telegram to the High Court seeking further guidance.
The judgment was deferred thrice before the judge was transferred.
On the High Court orders, the case was today transferred from Principal NDPS Court to First Additional NDPS Court.
Sudhakaran was facing two cases -- one involving possession of 16 grams of heroin and the other involving 72 grams.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Seventeen killed in Nairobi floods and building collapse
- Real Estate Bill comes into force today
- Facebook India makes removal of offensive content a hard task
- Hundreds of protesters storm Baghdad’s Green Zone, break into Parliament
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert