Sudhakaran case transferred to another NDPS court
Chennai: The Principal Court for cases under Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances on Monday transferred the heroin possession case against Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s disowned foster son V N Sudhakaran to another local court,after deferring judgment thrice following receipt of a telegram.
After receiving the telegram on April 18, Special Judge for Drugs Cases Ramamurthy had said the issue would be placed before the Madras High Court for further instructions.
The Judge had informed that the court had received a telegram in which certain observations have been made against him and he was forwarding the telegram to the High Court seeking further guidance.
The judgment was deferred thrice before the judge was transferred.
On the High Court orders, the case was today transferred from Principal NDPS Court to First Additional NDPS Court.
Sudhakaran was facing two cases -- one involving possession of 16 grams of heroin and the other involving 72 grams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video