Suicide attack threat: Security tightened at Chennai station
Chennai: The Southern Railways has tightened
security at the Chennai Central station following intelligence
inputs that a suicide bomber would target it.
"On receipt of intelligence inputs from the city police
Commissioner and Railway Board, New Delhi, that the station
will be attacked by a suicide bomber, security has been
intensified," it said in a statement here.
As part of the precautionary steps, the premium car
parking was closed and entry through Gate 1 restricted. Random
checks were also being carried out on passengers and their
luggage, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe