Suicide attack threat: Security tightened at Chennai station
Chennai: The Southern Railways has tightened
security at the Chennai Central station following intelligence
inputs that a suicide bomber would target it.
"On receipt of intelligence inputs from the city police
Commissioner and Railway Board, New Delhi, that the station
will be attacked by a suicide bomber, security has been
intensified," it said in a statement here.
As part of the precautionary steps, the premium car
parking was closed and entry through Gate 1 restricted. Random
checks were also being carried out on passengers and their
luggage, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed