Suicide attack threat: Security tightened at Chennai station
Chennai: The Southern Railways has tightened
security at the Chennai Central station following intelligence
inputs that a suicide bomber would target it.
"On receipt of intelligence inputs from the city police
Commissioner and Railway Board, New Delhi, that the station
will be attacked by a suicide bomber, security has been
intensified," it said in a statement here.
As part of the precautionary steps, the premium car
parking was closed and entry through Gate 1 restricted. Random
checks were also being carried out on passengers and their
luggage, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal kickbacks were channelled from Mauritius to India: Report
- Nokia in talks with Indian telcos over 5G networks
- Arjun Tendulkar included in U-16 West Zone team for inter-zonal tourney
- Camry Hybrid, Ciaz, Ertiga to cost less in Delhi after VAT cut
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!