Suicide attack threat: Security tightened at Chennai station
Chennai: The Southern Railways has tightened
security at the Chennai Central station following intelligence
inputs that a suicide bomber would target it.
"On receipt of intelligence inputs from the city police
Commissioner and Railway Board, New Delhi, that the station
will be attacked by a suicide bomber, security has been
intensified," it said in a statement here.
As part of the precautionary steps, the premium car
parking was closed and entry through Gate 1 restricted. Random
checks were also being carried out on passengers and their
luggage, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday