Summons issued to MK Alagiri
Madurai: Union minister MK Alagiri has been summoned by the district collector in connection with complaints by some farmers that silting of a nearby channel and constructing buildings of an engineering college owned by his family trust had affected agricultural operations in the area.
Officials today said U Sagayam, in his summons issued on
December 23, had asked the minister or his representative to
be present before him on January 4 to give his version of the
revenue department reports and complaints by local farmers
associations on the matter.
The Dhaya Engineering College is run by the M K Alagiri
Summons were also issued to DMK functionary Thalapathy, a
close aide of Alagiri, to explain as to how he had constructed
a wedding hall in the land acquired by the government in 1952
for construction of a park in the GST Road near here.
He has been asked to be present on the same day.
The Church of South India Archbishop Christopher Asir has
also been summoned on that day for selling a CSI Trust
property allegedly violating the conditions laid out in the
will under which the trust was formed, officials said.
The trustees of a labour welfare school belonging to a
private textile mill have also been asked to be present on
January 4 to explain their decision on converting the school
building into a shopping mall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price