Surprise checks on noon meal centres in TN
Chennai: A day after over 100 girls fell sick after eating contaminated eggs as mid day meal in a school at Neyveli, Tamil Nadu government Friday conducted surprise checks at nutritious meal centres in Chennai and Tiruvallore, suspending three employees who did not report for duty on time.
Social Welfare Minister B Valarmathi held checks at a Centre in the nearby Tiruvallore district where she found out that the anganwadi was not open on time and that its staff were also not present.
She issued directions to the District Collector to suspend the nutritious meal organiser, cook and an assistant, a state government release here said.
Valarmathi also made a surprise check at a government school at Muthialpettai here and checked the quality of the food and held enquiries with the children who ate it.
The Minister sought an explanation on the availability of lesser eggs against the number of beneficiaries and issued a "stern warning" not to repeat such mistakes, it added.
On Thursday, over 100 students of NLC Girls` High School had fallen sick after eating food under the midday meal scheme.
Contaminated eggs were believed to have been the cause.
However, they were out of danger following immediate medical treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’