Suspect in BJP leader`s killing murdered in Tamil Nadu
Salem: A 37-year-old history-sheeter, questioned by police recently in connection with the murder of BJP Tamil Nadu General Secretary V Ramesh, was hacked to death by an unidentified gang here, police said on Friday.
Shajahan was standing on a road last night when the gang
attacked him with sharp-edged weapons, killing him on the spot, they said.
Several cases, including three murder cases, were pending
against him, police said adding they suspected gang rivalry behind his killing.
He was arrested by CB-CID police in August last for allegedly possessing deadly weapons. Later, the Special Investigation Division probing the killing of Ramesh interrogated him for his suspected role in the crime after which he was lodged in the central prison here.
Shajahan was later released on bail by a local court.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa ordered a probe into the murder of Ramesh and leaders of Sangh parivar units in the state following demands by the BJP, which alleged its leaders were being targeted in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi