Suspected ISI operative produced before Advisory Board
Chennai: Suspected ISI operative Thameem Ansari, detained under National Security Act (NSA), was on Wednesday produced before an Advisory Board following his appeal against the detention.
Ansari was arrested from Tiruchirappally in September by the `Q` branch, the anti-terrorism wing of Tamil Nadu police, on charges of spying.
An official with the Pakistan High Commission in Sri Lanka besides another ISI operative, have been named in the charge sheet filed by police.
Ansari was later detained under the NSA and his advocate had approached the Advisory Board against the detention under NSA claiming it was "baseless".
His counsel Kennedy alleged that this was an effort to weaken democratic forces in the state.
Ansari, a native of Thanjavur, was later taken back to Tiruchirappally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video