Suspected mastermind behind looting jewellery surrenders
Madurai:A youth, suspected to be mastermind behind looting gold jewellery from Muthoot Financial Corporation office here earlier in October, surrendered before a magistrate court here, police said today.
A Selvin, surrendered on 16 October, had been remanded to judicial custody, police said.
A five-member gang had on October five kidnapped two employees of the Kerala-based private finance firm and looted 37 kg of gold valued at Rs 10 crore from its locker after stealing the keys of its branch office here.
The gang first kidnapped Balasubramanian, manager of the branch and snatched a set of locker keys from him. Then they summoned assistant manager Sathish Kumar, who was holding another set of keys, using Balasubramanian.
When he arrived, the gang detained the two employees inside their car, switched off the alarm system, and robbed the cash and jewels from the locker.
The employees were let-off the next day on the outskirts of Madurai.
Police had formed special teams in search of the gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened