Suspected mastermind behind looting jewellery surrenders
Madurai:A youth, suspected to be mastermind behind looting gold jewellery from Muthoot Financial Corporation office here earlier in October, surrendered before a magistrate court here, police said today.
A Selvin, surrendered on 16 October, had been remanded to judicial custody, police said.
A five-member gang had on October five kidnapped two employees of the Kerala-based private finance firm and looted 37 kg of gold valued at Rs 10 crore from its locker after stealing the keys of its branch office here.
The gang first kidnapped Balasubramanian, manager of the branch and snatched a set of locker keys from him. Then they summoned assistant manager Sathish Kumar, who was holding another set of keys, using Balasubramanian.
When he arrived, the gang detained the two employees inside their car, switched off the alarm system, and robbed the cash and jewels from the locker.
The employees were let-off the next day on the outskirts of Madurai.
Police had formed special teams in search of the gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi