Suspected swine flu death in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: A 70-year-old man has died of suspected swine flu in the city.
Kandasamy of Kangeyam in neighbouring Tirupur District was undergoing treatment at a private hospital for symptoms of fever and throat pain for a fortnight and shifted to the government hospital here last night when his condition worsened.
However, he was declared brought dead around midnight yesterday, hospital sources said.
The last confirmed case of swine flu in the city was reported in September 2011 and the patient, a man, was discharged after successful treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble