Suspected swine flu death in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: A 70-year-old man has died of suspected swine flu in the city.
Kandasamy of Kangeyam in neighbouring Tirupur District was undergoing treatment at a private hospital for symptoms of fever and throat pain for a fortnight and shifted to the government hospital here last night when his condition worsened.
However, he was declared brought dead around midnight yesterday, hospital sources said.
The last confirmed case of swine flu in the city was reported in September 2011 and the patient, a man, was discharged after successful treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!