Suspected swine flu death in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: A 70-year-old man has died of suspected swine flu in the city.
Kandasamy of Kangeyam in neighbouring Tirupur District was undergoing treatment at a private hospital for symptoms of fever and throat pain for a fortnight and shifted to the government hospital here last night when his condition worsened.
However, he was declared brought dead around midnight yesterday, hospital sources said.
The last confirmed case of swine flu in the city was reported in September 2011 and the patient, a man, was discharged after successful treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley