Suspected swine flu death in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: A 70-year-old man has died of suspected swine flu in the city.
Kandasamy of Kangeyam in neighbouring Tirupur District was undergoing treatment at a private hospital for symptoms of fever and throat pain for a fortnight and shifted to the government hospital here last night when his condition worsened.
However, he was declared brought dead around midnight yesterday, hospital sources said.
The last confirmed case of swine flu in the city was reported in September 2011 and the patient, a man, was discharged after successful treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year
- AAP has very close links with radicals: Sukhbir Singh Badal
- AAP has very close links with radicals, alleges Sukhbir Singh Badal
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand