Suspected swine flu death in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: A 70-year-old man has died of suspected swine flu in the city.
Kandasamy of Kangeyam in neighbouring Tirupur District was undergoing treatment at a private hospital for symptoms of fever and throat pain for a fortnight and shifted to the government hospital here last night when his condition worsened.
However, he was declared brought dead around midnight yesterday, hospital sources said.
The last confirmed case of swine flu in the city was reported in September 2011 and the patient, a man, was discharged after successful treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption