Swamy takes dig at Jaya govt`s ads
Chennai: Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday took a dig at Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa celebrating one year in office by splashing several pages of advertisements in dailies and said the money spent on them could have been utilised for some other purpose.
"There are several front page advertisements in dailies. Where the money came from, they should have spent that money for some other purpose," he told reporters here.
The AIADMK Government gave several full-page advertisements in today`s edition of almost all dailies highlighting the achievements of its one-year rule.
Asked about the Jayalalithaa government`s achievements in the last one year, he said, "I do not see any difference..".
He said the state was facing acute power shortage and the growth in agriculture was "poor".
Noting that Jayalalithaa backed the protesters against the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant, he said the commissioning of the plant got delayed by one year because of this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read