Take steps for DM‘s release: Karuna to Centre
Chennai: UPA ally and DMK president M Karunanidhi on Monday appealed to the Centre to take all steps for the early release of abducted Sukma district collector Alex Paul Menon.
"I request the Centre to extend all help to the Chattisgarh government and ensure his early release," he said writing in the DMK mouthpiece `Murasoli.`
Karunanidhi recalled that Home Minister P Chidambaram had spoken to Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh to discuss the issue and said the abducted officer`s wife had also made an emotional appeal for her husband`s release.
Menon, a native of Tamil Nadu, was abducted by Maoists on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists