Take steps for DM‘s release: Karuna to Centre
Chennai: UPA ally and DMK president M Karunanidhi on Monday appealed to the Centre to take all steps for the early release of abducted Sukma district collector Alex Paul Menon.
"I request the Centre to extend all help to the Chattisgarh government and ensure his early release," he said writing in the DMK mouthpiece `Murasoli.`
Karunanidhi recalled that Home Minister P Chidambaram had spoken to Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh to discuss the issue and said the abducted officer`s wife had also made an emotional appeal for her husband`s release.
Menon, a native of Tamil Nadu, was abducted by Maoists on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users