Take steps to ensure Tamil refugees live `honorably` in island
Chennai: BJP`s Tamil Nadu unit on Sunday said Centre
and State government should take steps to enable Sri Lankan
Tamil refugees living in the state to lead an `honourable` life
in the island nation rather than offering Indian citizenship
The ultimate aim should be to help the refugees live
"honourably" in their respective places in Sri Lanka,BJP State
unit Vice-President H Raja told reporters after the party`s
state Executive Committee meeting here.
His reaction comes in the wake of Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram saying the Centre would consider a proposal by
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi to grant Indian
citizenship to Sri Lankan Tamil refugees living in the state.
On Centre reportedly allowing Kerala to undertake a survey
on building a new dam to replace the existing 112-year-old
Mullaperiyar Dam, he said `The move would only provoke Tamil
The Tamil Nadu government was opposed to construction of a
new dam across Mullaperiyar and a case in this regard was
pending before the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda