Talks only solution for Lankan Tamils issue
Kumbakonam (TN): Only composite talks will be a solution for Sri Lankan Tamils issue and fishermen problem, senior Congress leader Manishankar Aiyar, MP, on Wednesday said.
"The central government is taking all steps to arrive at solution by dialogue. Only by talks we can solve the issue," he said.
The Tamil Nadu government for political reasons is finding fault with the central government, he alleged.
Referring to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, he said the BJP has not accepted Modi as candidate for the Prime Ministership in the next polls.
Referring to the Lok Sabha polls, he said there is no scope for early elections and the DMK-Congress alliance may continue in the ensuing polls.
Differences with the DMK will be resolved before the 2014 polls, he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!