Talks only solution for Lankan Tamils issue
Kumbakonam (TN): Only composite talks will be a solution for Sri Lankan Tamils issue and fishermen problem, senior Congress leader Manishankar Aiyar, MP, on Wednesday said.
"The central government is taking all steps to arrive at solution by dialogue. Only by talks we can solve the issue," he said.
The Tamil Nadu government for political reasons is finding fault with the central government, he alleged.
Referring to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, he said the BJP has not accepted Modi as candidate for the Prime Ministership in the next polls.
Referring to the Lok Sabha polls, he said there is no scope for early elections and the DMK-Congress alliance may continue in the ensuing polls.
Differences with the DMK will be resolved before the 2014 polls, he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog