Talks only solution for Lankan Tamils issue
Kumbakonam (TN): Only composite talks will be a solution for Sri Lankan Tamils issue and fishermen problem, senior Congress leader Manishankar Aiyar, MP, on Wednesday said.
"The central government is taking all steps to arrive at solution by dialogue. Only by talks we can solve the issue," he said.
The Tamil Nadu government for political reasons is finding fault with the central government, he alleged.
Referring to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, he said the BJP has not accepted Modi as candidate for the Prime Ministership in the next polls.
Referring to the Lok Sabha polls, he said there is no scope for early elections and the DMK-Congress alliance may continue in the ensuing polls.
Differences with the DMK will be resolved before the 2014 polls, he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister