Talks only solution for Lankan Tamils issue
Kumbakonam (TN): Only composite talks will be a solution for Sri Lankan Tamils issue and fishermen problem, senior Congress leader Manishankar Aiyar, MP, on Wednesday said.
"The central government is taking all steps to arrive at solution by dialogue. Only by talks we can solve the issue," he said.
The Tamil Nadu government for political reasons is finding fault with the central government, he alleged.
Referring to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, he said the BJP has not accepted Modi as candidate for the Prime Ministership in the next polls.
Referring to the Lok Sabha polls, he said there is no scope for early elections and the DMK-Congress alliance may continue in the ensuing polls.
Differences with the DMK will be resolved before the 2014 polls, he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!