Tamil Nadu: 100 Govt high schools to be upgraded
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today announced upgrading 100 state-run high schools into higher secondary schools, allotting over Rs 40 crore for the purpose.
Further, 900 post graduate teachers vacancies will be created in these upgraded schools besides 100 headmaster posts, a state government release here said.
This would mean an expenditure of Rs 40.26 crore annually. At the same time, the twin objectives of rural students getting access to education besides employment generation will be met, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi