Tamil Nadu: 100 Govt high schools to be upgraded
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today announced upgrading 100 state-run high schools into higher secondary schools, allotting over Rs 40 crore for the purpose.
Further, 900 post graduate teachers vacancies will be created in these upgraded schools besides 100 headmaster posts, a state government release here said.
This would mean an expenditure of Rs 40.26 crore annually. At the same time, the twin objectives of rural students getting access to education besides employment generation will be met, the release said.
- Canadian asked to leave Nepal over controversial social media posts
- Kangana Ranaut breaks her silence on ‘black magic’ allegations
- Pakistan Army chief General Raheel Sharif approves death sentences of 11 terrorists
- Rajya Sabha ethics panel recommends expulsion of Vijay Mallya with immediate effect
- 2,200 SBI PO jobs offered: Apply by May 24