Tamil Nadu: 100 Govt high schools to be upgraded
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today announced upgrading 100 state-run high schools into higher secondary schools, allotting over Rs 40 crore for the purpose.
Further, 900 post graduate teachers vacancies will be created in these upgraded schools besides 100 headmaster posts, a state government release here said.
This would mean an expenditure of Rs 40.26 crore annually. At the same time, the twin objectives of rural students getting access to education besides employment generation will be met, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah