Tamil Nadu: 100 Govt high schools to be upgraded
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today announced upgrading 100 state-run high schools into higher secondary schools, allotting over Rs 40 crore for the purpose.
Further, 900 post graduate teachers vacancies will be created in these upgraded schools besides 100 headmaster posts, a state government release here said.
This would mean an expenditure of Rs 40.26 crore annually. At the same time, the twin objectives of rural students getting access to education besides employment generation will be met, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport