Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker resigns
Chennai: In a surprise development, Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker D Jayakumar resigned from his post on Saturday.
Jayakumar, elected from Royapuram in Chennai, resigned from office with immediate effect, an official communique said, without assigning any reasons.
The functions of the Speaker would be performed by Deputy Speaker P Dhanapal.
Jayakumar, an advocate, became Speaker after the AIADMK led by Jayalalithaa stormed back to power in May last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested