Tamil Nadu: Boat washed ashore identified
Rameswaram: The Fisheries department today identified the mechanised fishing boat, which was washed ashore near Kothandaramar temple off Dhanushkodi coast, near here.
Assistant Director of Fisheries Phelomena Thiagarajan said his counterpart at Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh had told him that the boat belonged to one Harish Dharmaraj.
The fishermen in the boat had abandoned the boat as it developed a major snag and could not repair it.They could not stay in the sea for a long time and they had abandoned the vessel and reached Kakinada by another boat.
Harish would be coming here in the next two days to repair and take his boat back to Kakinada,the official said.
Meanwhile, officials have advised fishermen not to venture into the sea as it was rough and northerly winds, considered dangerous for this region
was blowing at a high speed.
The wind was experienced in the 1960s when Dhanushkodi coast was affected by tidal waves, fishermen told officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad