Tamil Nadu: Boat washed ashore identified
Rameswaram: The Fisheries department today identified the mechanised fishing boat, which was washed ashore near Kothandaramar temple off Dhanushkodi coast, near here.
Assistant Director of Fisheries Phelomena Thiagarajan said his counterpart at Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh had told him that the boat belonged to one Harish Dharmaraj.
The fishermen in the boat had abandoned the boat as it developed a major snag and could not repair it.They could not stay in the sea for a long time and they had abandoned the vessel and reached Kakinada by another boat.
Harish would be coming here in the next two days to repair and take his boat back to Kakinada,the official said.
Meanwhile, officials have advised fishermen not to venture into the sea as it was rough and northerly winds, considered dangerous for this region
was blowing at a high speed.
The wind was experienced in the 1960s when Dhanushkodi coast was affected by tidal waves, fishermen told officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir