Tamil Nadu: Boat washed ashore identified
Rameswaram: The Fisheries department today identified the mechanised fishing boat, which was washed ashore near Kothandaramar temple off Dhanushkodi coast, near here.
Assistant Director of Fisheries Phelomena Thiagarajan said his counterpart at Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh had told him that the boat belonged to one Harish Dharmaraj.
The fishermen in the boat had abandoned the boat as it developed a major snag and could not repair it.They could not stay in the sea for a long time and they had abandoned the vessel and reached Kakinada by another boat.
Harish would be coming here in the next two days to repair and take his boat back to Kakinada,the official said.
Meanwhile, officials have advised fishermen not to venture into the sea as it was rough and northerly winds, considered dangerous for this region
was blowing at a high speed.
The wind was experienced in the 1960s when Dhanushkodi coast was affected by tidal waves, fishermen told officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video