Tamil Nadu Budget 2014: Govt presents tax-free budget
Chennai: With an eye on the coming Lok Sabha elections, the Tamil Nadu government today presented a tax-free budget for the 2014-15 fiscal with a special focus on power and industrial sector.
In the budget presented in state assembly, Finance Minister O Panneerselvam did not propose any fresh imposts for the next fiscal.
He also said Tamil Nadu Transmission Corporation proposed setting up of a green energy corridor with an outlay of Rs 1,593 crore for evacuation of wind power with financial assistance from a German funding agency.
To promote the growth of Industry and Infrastructure, the state government has decided to hold a Global Investors Meet (GIM) in Chennai in October this year, he said.
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards