Tamil Nadu Budget 2014: Govt presents tax-free budget
Chennai: With an eye on the coming Lok Sabha elections, the Tamil Nadu government today presented a tax-free budget for the 2014-15 fiscal with a special focus on power and industrial sector.
In the budget presented in state assembly, Finance Minister O Panneerselvam did not propose any fresh imposts for the next fiscal.
He also said Tamil Nadu Transmission Corporation proposed setting up of a green energy corridor with an outlay of Rs 1,593 crore for evacuation of wind power with financial assistance from a German funding agency.
To promote the growth of Industry and Infrastructure, the state government has decided to hold a Global Investors Meet (GIM) in Chennai in October this year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Song alert! Riteish Deshmukh plays 'Banjo' to the tunes of 'Rada' out now!
- Myanmar quake damages nearly 400 ancient temples
- Amazon launches dedicated online Telugu book store
- Explore London through the lens of Kapil Sharma and team!
- Typhoon to hit Japan on Tuesday; meteorological agency issues warnings