Tamil Nadu Budget 2014: Govt presents tax-free budget
Chennai: With an eye on the coming Lok Sabha elections, the Tamil Nadu government today presented a tax-free budget for the 2014-15 fiscal with a special focus on power and industrial sector.
In the budget presented in state assembly, Finance Minister O Panneerselvam did not propose any fresh imposts for the next fiscal.
He also said Tamil Nadu Transmission Corporation proposed setting up of a green energy corridor with an outlay of Rs 1,593 crore for evacuation of wind power with financial assistance from a German funding agency.
To promote the growth of Industry and Infrastructure, the state government has decided to hold a Global Investors Meet (GIM) in Chennai in October this year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!