Tamil Nadu Budget 2014: Govt presents tax-free budget
Chennai: With an eye on the coming Lok Sabha elections, the Tamil Nadu government today presented a tax-free budget for the 2014-15 fiscal with a special focus on power and industrial sector.
In the budget presented in state assembly, Finance Minister O Panneerselvam did not propose any fresh imposts for the next fiscal.
He also said Tamil Nadu Transmission Corporation proposed setting up of a green energy corridor with an outlay of Rs 1,593 crore for evacuation of wind power with financial assistance from a German funding agency.
To promote the growth of Industry and Infrastructure, the state government has decided to hold a Global Investors Meet (GIM) in Chennai in October this year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok