Tamil Nadu Budget 2014: Govt presents tax-free budget
Chennai: With an eye on the coming Lok Sabha elections, the Tamil Nadu government today presented a tax-free budget for the 2014-15 fiscal with a special focus on power and industrial sector.
In the budget presented in state assembly, Finance Minister O Panneerselvam did not propose any fresh imposts for the next fiscal.
He also said Tamil Nadu Transmission Corporation proposed setting up of a green energy corridor with an outlay of Rs 1,593 crore for evacuation of wind power with financial assistance from a German funding agency.
To promote the growth of Industry and Infrastructure, the state government has decided to hold a Global Investors Meet (GIM) in Chennai in October this year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'