Tamil Nadu CM holds review meeting of Home Dept
Chennai: A day after twin blasts rocked Hyderabad, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Friday held a review meeting of the state Home Department.
The Chief Minister chaired a meeting of top officials, including Home Secretary R Rajagopal, DGP K Ramanujam and City Police Commissioner S George among others, a release said.
Meanwhile, security had been stepped up across the state with more police personnel being posted in places of importance such as railway stations.
Two bomb blasts in Hyderabad on Thursday had claimed the lives of 16 persons besides injuring over a 100.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!