Tamil Nadu CM holds review meeting of Home Dept
Chennai: A day after twin blasts rocked Hyderabad, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Friday held a review meeting of the state Home Department.
The Chief Minister chaired a meeting of top officials, including Home Secretary R Rajagopal, DGP K Ramanujam and City Police Commissioner S George among others, a release said.
Meanwhile, security had been stepped up across the state with more police personnel being posted in places of importance such as railway stations.
Two bomb blasts in Hyderabad on Thursday had claimed the lives of 16 persons besides injuring over a 100.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra