Tamil Nadu CM inaugurates govt buildings, houses for poor
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday inaugurated government buildings and houses constructed for the poor at a cost of Rs 133.95 crore.
The Chief Minister inaugurated the buildings and over 10,000 houses constructed at various parts of the state through video conferencing from here.
She also gave away Rs five lakh each to 31 village panchayats after they were selected under a clean village scheme.
A total of Rs 1.55 crore was given to the heads of the respective panchayats by the Chief Minister at the secretariat, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America