Tamil Nadu CM inaugurates govt buildings, houses for poor
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday inaugurated government buildings and houses constructed for the poor at a cost of Rs 133.95 crore.
The Chief Minister inaugurated the buildings and over 10,000 houses constructed at various parts of the state through video conferencing from here.
She also gave away Rs five lakh each to 31 village panchayats after they were selected under a clean village scheme.
A total of Rs 1.55 crore was given to the heads of the respective panchayats by the Chief Minister at the secretariat, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre