Tamil Nadu Congress Committee revamped
New Delhi: Ahead of Lok Sabha elections, Congress on Saturday reconstituted the Tamil Nadu Congress Committee that includes Union ministers P Chidambaram, GK Vasan and Jayanthi Natarajan among others.
Union minister Sudarsana Natchiappan also finds a place in the list of the executive committee, approved by Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
Besides seven Lok Sabha members from Tamil Nadu, former central ministers and ex-PCC chiefs are also part of the 43 executive committee, which has been revamped after a gap of over a decade.
The party has nominated 17 vice presidents, 29 general secretaries and 54 district presidents.
"The new office-bearers have been reconstituted after 12 years, while about 15 years in the case of some DCC presidents," Tamil Nadu Congress Committee president BS Gnanadesikan said.
He claimed that only seven among the existing DCC presidents were retained in the new list, in view of their performance.
Toeing the line of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, he said, preference has been given to people below the age of 50 years. "About 60 per cent among the new DCC presidents are below the age of 50 years," he said.
Asked whether the new list has been prepared to satisfy various factions in the party, he clarified that some office-bearers could be attached with senior leaders.
But, they were nominated based on their merits, he claimed.
Gnanadesikan further added that presidents for seven more districts including Kanyakumari are likely to be finalised within a week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Gujjars revive agitation for 5% quota in jobs, block rail track
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced