Tamil Nadu cracker factory explosion kills nine people
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Kumbakonam: At least nine people died and up to five suffered burns on Friday after a fire broke out at a cracker factory in Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu.
According to reports, the workers were inside the factory when the fire started after the crackers exploded suddenly. The fire has been doused now and those who were injured have been rushed to nearby hospital, police said.
It is yet to be ascertained what was the cause of the fire.
Earlier this year, 54 persons were charred to death and 50 others injured when a devastating blaze swept through a cracker factory complex at nearby Mudhalipatti in Tamil Nadu.
It was one of the worst fire tragedies in the state. The witnesses had said that the explosions could be heard across more than two square km from the factory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials