Tamil Nadu: Fake currency seized
Tirunelveli: An inter-state counterfeit
currency racket was busted on Saturday with the arrest of one person
and seizure of fake notes with a total face value of Rs six
lakh here, police said.
Rajendran (46) of Sundarapuram village in Virudhunagar
district of Tamil Nadu was arrested after police found the
fake currency notes in his two-wheeler during a routine
vehicle check, they said.
The notes were in the denomination of 1,000. During
interrogation, Rajendran told police that an inter-state gang
was involved in the racket, adding the notes printed in Erode
were to be circulated in Kerala through agents.
Police have launched a hunt for the other members of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj