Tamil Nadu: Fake currency seized
Tirunelveli: An inter-state counterfeit
currency racket was busted on Saturday with the arrest of one person
and seizure of fake notes with a total face value of Rs six
lakh here, police said.
Rajendran (46) of Sundarapuram village in Virudhunagar
district of Tamil Nadu was arrested after police found the
fake currency notes in his two-wheeler during a routine
vehicle check, they said.
The notes were in the denomination of 1,000. During
interrogation, Rajendran told police that an inter-state gang
was involved in the racket, adding the notes printed in Erode
were to be circulated in Kerala through agents.
Police have launched a hunt for the other members of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31