Tamil Nadu: Fake currency seized
Tirunelveli: An inter-state counterfeit
currency racket was busted on Saturday with the arrest of one person
and seizure of fake notes with a total face value of Rs six
lakh here, police said.
Rajendran (46) of Sundarapuram village in Virudhunagar
district of Tamil Nadu was arrested after police found the
fake currency notes in his two-wheeler during a routine
vehicle check, they said.
The notes were in the denomination of 1,000. During
interrogation, Rajendran told police that an inter-state gang
was involved in the racket, adding the notes printed in Erode
were to be circulated in Kerala through agents.
Police have launched a hunt for the other members of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30