Tamil Nadu: Fire in old building housing SBI under control
Chennai: A fire broke out this afternoon in the second floor of an old building here, which housed the State Bank of India, police said.
The fire is suspected to have been caused by an electric short circuit, they said, adding none was injured since the bank was functioning only for half a day today.
The fire, which burnt almost all the files stored in the second floor of the building on Rajaji Road, has been brought under control, they said.
"The fire was reported at 3.45 pm and we initially sent seven fire tenders to the spot. Later, more fire tenders and water tankers were sent to the spot. Though a part of the structure has come down, none is injured," S Vijayasekar, Joint Director, Tamil Nadu Fire and Rescue Services, told reporters near the spot.
The fire is completely under control, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH