Tamil Nadu: Fire in old building housing SBI under control
Chennai: A fire broke out this afternoon in the second floor of an old building here, which housed the State Bank of India, police said.
The fire is suspected to have been caused by an electric short circuit, they said, adding none was injured since the bank was functioning only for half a day today.
The fire, which burnt almost all the files stored in the second floor of the building on Rajaji Road, has been brought under control, they said.
"The fire was reported at 3.45 pm and we initially sent seven fire tenders to the spot. Later, more fire tenders and water tankers were sent to the spot. Though a part of the structure has come down, none is injured," S Vijayasekar, Joint Director, Tamil Nadu Fire and Rescue Services, told reporters near the spot.
The fire is completely under control, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali