Tamil Nadu govt Chief Whip sworn-in as minister
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Government Chief Whip P Mohan was on Saturday sworn-in as minister in the Jayalalithaa-led state cabinet.
Governor K Rosaiah administered him the oath of office and secrecy at the Raj Bhavan here in the presence of the chief minister.
Minister for the second time rpt second time, Mohan, elected from the Sankarapuram Assembly constituency, was recently inducted in a minor reshuffle by Jayalalithaa who also showed the door to former minister C Ve Shanmugam from her cabinet.
Mohan, who first became minister in the 2001-06 AIADMK regime, will handle the Rural Industries portfolio, which includes Cottage and Small Industries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song