Tamil Nadu has over 5.16 crore electorate
Chennai: Tamil Nadu has a total electorate of over 5.16 crore as per the latest Special Summary Revision of Rolls during which an additional 11.08 lakh voters were enrolled.
The final electoral rolls of Special Summary Revision 2013 released by the Election Commission today said men constituted over 2.58 crore, women 2.57 crore and others 2,433.
Kancheepuram District adjoining Chennai witnessed a net increase of 1,28,219 electorate, Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Kumar said in a press release.
The EC has launched the special summary revision with reference to January 1, 2013 as the qualifying date on October 1, 2012. Claims and objections were received from October 1 to November 20 last year.
As per the draft electoral rolls published on October 1 last year, there were over 5.04 crore voters in the state.
During the revision period, 23.6 lakh claims were received of which 22.07 lakhs were admitted for inclusion in the electoral rolls. A total of 10.69 lakh names were deleted due to shifting, death of electors and duplicate entries, it said.
As per the final rolls, the total number of electors to total population ratio in Tamil Nadu is 69.22 per cent, which is in line with the census ratio of 18 plus population to total population.
The gender ratio of electors in the roll is 994 as against the census population gender ratio of 995, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared