Tamil Nadu has over 5.16 crore electorate
Chennai: Tamil Nadu has a total electorate of over 5.16 crore as per the latest Special Summary Revision of Rolls during which an additional 11.08 lakh voters were enrolled.
The final electoral rolls of Special Summary Revision 2013 released by the Election Commission today said men constituted over 2.58 crore, women 2.57 crore and others 2,433.
Kancheepuram District adjoining Chennai witnessed a net increase of 1,28,219 electorate, Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Kumar said in a press release.
The EC has launched the special summary revision with reference to January 1, 2013 as the qualifying date on October 1, 2012. Claims and objections were received from October 1 to November 20 last year.
As per the draft electoral rolls published on October 1 last year, there were over 5.04 crore voters in the state.
During the revision period, 23.6 lakh claims were received of which 22.07 lakhs were admitted for inclusion in the electoral rolls. A total of 10.69 lakh names were deleted due to shifting, death of electors and duplicate entries, it said.
As per the final rolls, the total number of electors to total population ratio in Tamil Nadu is 69.22 per cent, which is in line with the census ratio of 18 plus population to total population.
The gender ratio of electors in the roll is 994 as against the census population gender ratio of 995, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram