Tamil Nadu has over 5.16 crore electorate
Chennai: Tamil Nadu has a total electorate of over 5.16 crore as per the latest Special Summary Revision of Rolls during which an additional 11.08 lakh voters were enrolled.
The final electoral rolls of Special Summary Revision 2013 released by the Election Commission today said men constituted over 2.58 crore, women 2.57 crore and others 2,433.
Kancheepuram District adjoining Chennai witnessed a net increase of 1,28,219 electorate, Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Kumar said in a press release.
The EC has launched the special summary revision with reference to January 1, 2013 as the qualifying date on October 1, 2012. Claims and objections were received from October 1 to November 20 last year.
As per the draft electoral rolls published on October 1 last year, there were over 5.04 crore voters in the state.
During the revision period, 23.6 lakh claims were received of which 22.07 lakhs were admitted for inclusion in the electoral rolls. A total of 10.69 lakh names were deleted due to shifting, death of electors and duplicate entries, it said.
As per the final rolls, the total number of electors to total population ratio in Tamil Nadu is 69.22 per cent, which is in line with the census ratio of 18 plus population to total population.
The gender ratio of electors in the roll is 994 as against the census population gender ratio of 995, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days