Tamil Nadu: Minor girl raped by several persons
Ramanathapuram: A minor girl, who was
allegedly raped by several people after being kidnapped about
two years ago, has filed a complaint, leading to the arrest of
a 50-year-old woman on Sunday, police said.
The woman had handed over the girl to a man, following
which she was allegedly raped by several persons, police said.
The 17-year-old girl, who had escaped the clutches of her
captors, had been rescued by the NGO in this town, whose
director himself allegedly raped her, they said.
Police said cases have been registered against 22 persons
so far, including the director of the NGO.
The victim, who hails from Vakaikulam in Tirumangalam Taluk
in Madurai, was kidnapped by the woman about two years ago and
handed over to a man in lieu of Rs 5,000 she owed him, police
The victim was taken to many districts including Madurai
and Pudukottai and raped by several persons, police said.
The victim has been sent to a government rehabilitation
home, they said.
The woman was arrested at Tirumangalam and produced before
a local court, following which she was remanded to judicial
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family