Tamil Nadu: Minor girl raped by several persons
Ramanathapuram: A minor girl, who was
allegedly raped by several people after being kidnapped about
two years ago, has filed a complaint, leading to the arrest of
a 50-year-old woman on Sunday, police said.
The woman had handed over the girl to a man, following
which she was allegedly raped by several persons, police said.
The 17-year-old girl, who had escaped the clutches of her
captors, had been rescued by the NGO in this town, whose
director himself allegedly raped her, they said.
Police said cases have been registered against 22 persons
so far, including the director of the NGO.
The victim, who hails from Vakaikulam in Tirumangalam Taluk
in Madurai, was kidnapped by the woman about two years ago and
handed over to a man in lieu of Rs 5,000 she owed him, police
The victim was taken to many districts including Madurai
and Pudukottai and raped by several persons, police said.
The victim has been sent to a government rehabilitation
home, they said.
The woman was arrested at Tirumangalam and produced before
a local court, following which she was remanded to judicial
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today