Tamil Nadu mosques to get 4000 tonnes of rice
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Friday approved the supply of 4,000 tonnes of rice to mosques across the state to be used for preparing meals consumed to break the fast during the ensuing Ramzan season.
Jayalalithaa said that she had issued directions following requests from the Muslim community and over 3,000 mosques would benefit from the move.
She said she had directed District Collectors to scrutinise the documents and permit bulk supply of rice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees