Tamil Nadu mosques to get 4000 tonnes of rice
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Friday approved the supply of 4,000 tonnes of rice to mosques across the state to be used for preparing meals consumed to break the fast during the ensuing Ramzan season.
Jayalalithaa said that she had issued directions following requests from the Muslim community and over 3,000 mosques would benefit from the move.
She said she had directed District Collectors to scrutinise the documents and permit bulk supply of rice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi