Tamil Nadu mosques to get 4000 tonnes of rice
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Friday approved the supply of 4,000 tonnes of rice to mosques across the state to be used for preparing meals consumed to break the fast during the ensuing Ramzan season.
Jayalalithaa said that she had issued directions following requests from the Muslim community and over 3,000 mosques would benefit from the move.
She said she had directed District Collectors to scrutinise the documents and permit bulk supply of rice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble