Tamil Nadu nursing admission scam comes to light
Chennai: Months after officials in Tamil Nadu
unearthed engineering admissions scam where some students
allegedly submitted fake documents to secure engineering seat,
a similar scam in nursing admissions have surfaced following
the arrest of two persons including a retired headmaster.
Retired headmaster Sampath and his accomplice Saravanan were
arrested from Aarani and Vellore yesterday and some fake class
XII marksheets were recovered from them, police said today.
Police formed special teams based on a complaint from
officials of the Madras Medical College which had alleged that
many students had produced fake marksheets during the academic
years 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2008-09 to join nursing courses and
prayed for action, police said in a release here today.
The arrested persons were produced before a local court
which remanded them to custody, police said.
In July, officials had discovered malpractices in
engineering admissions when they detected that about 40
students had allegedly produced fake Class XII marksheets with
enhanced marks to obtain engineering admission.
Probe is already underway and two persons--a retired
headmaster and a records clerk with Directorate of College
Education--were arrested in that issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state