Tamil Nadu: Possible collision of flights averted
Tiruchirappalli: An alert Air Traffic Control
(ATC) personnel at the air port here today avoided what could
have been a possible collision involving Jet Airways flight
bound for Chennai and Air India Express aircraft bound for
Abudhabi via Tiruchirappalli on Monday.
Airport sources said, the ATC staff saw the Air India
Express flight landing at about the same time when the Jet
Airaways plane was about to leave the air port at 14:30 hours,
25 minutes behind the schedule.
Seeing the air India Express flight carrying 170 passengers
landing and Jet Airaways with six travellers preparing to
leave at about the same time, they alerted the Jetairways
pilot and asked him not to take off, avoiding what could have
been a possible collision of two planes.
The Air India Express flight was scheduled to arrive at
14:15 hours, but it landed 15 minutes behind the schedule.
Similarly the Jet Airways was scheduled to leave at 14:05
hours and its departure also was delayed today.
Initial inquiry revealed that the Air India Express pilot
did not get the signals properly.
The Air Traffic control at Delhi had ordered for a detailed
inquiry into the incident, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- News Television Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags best news channel website honour
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Google-backed transpacific submarine cable between US and Japan goes live today!
- WOAH! Gautam Gambhir absolutely destroys Ravi Shastri - Here are his scathing comments