Tamil Nadu: Possible collision of flights averted
Tiruchirappalli: An alert Air Traffic Control
(ATC) personnel at the air port here today avoided what could
have been a possible collision involving Jet Airways flight
bound for Chennai and Air India Express aircraft bound for
Abudhabi via Tiruchirappalli on Monday.
Airport sources said, the ATC staff saw the Air India
Express flight landing at about the same time when the Jet
Airaways plane was about to leave the air port at 14:30 hours,
25 minutes behind the schedule.
Seeing the air India Express flight carrying 170 passengers
landing and Jet Airaways with six travellers preparing to
leave at about the same time, they alerted the Jetairways
pilot and asked him not to take off, avoiding what could have
been a possible collision of two planes.
The Air India Express flight was scheduled to arrive at
14:15 hours, but it landed 15 minutes behind the schedule.
Similarly the Jet Airways was scheduled to leave at 14:05
hours and its departure also was delayed today.
Initial inquiry revealed that the Air India Express pilot
did not get the signals properly.
The Air Traffic control at Delhi had ordered for a detailed
inquiry into the incident, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why