Tamil Nadu: Rally against child sexual abuse
Chennai: Students of Tamil Nadu Dr Ambedkar Law University on Tuesday took out a rally to enhance awareness on sexual offences against children and the laws to protect juveniles against such crimes.
Students raised slogans on the need to prevent sexual abuse against children as such crimes would have a lasting adverse impact on them.
"Approach the child helpline 1098", a placard read.
Slogans explaining child protection laws and the need for better awareness among parents were raised.
State Law Minister SP Velumani flagged off the rally.
"Although there are laws to protect children against sexual abuse, there is no adequate awareness among the public," vice chancellor Prof Vangamudi said.
The rally was held as part of the World Humanitarian Day celebrations at the University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city