Tamil Nadu: Rally against child sexual abuse
Chennai: Students of Tamil Nadu Dr Ambedkar Law University on Tuesday took out a rally to enhance awareness on sexual offences against children and the laws to protect juveniles against such crimes.
Students raised slogans on the need to prevent sexual abuse against children as such crimes would have a lasting adverse impact on them.
"Approach the child helpline 1098", a placard read.
Slogans explaining child protection laws and the need for better awareness among parents were raised.
State Law Minister SP Velumani flagged off the rally.
"Although there are laws to protect children against sexual abuse, there is no adequate awareness among the public," vice chancellor Prof Vangamudi said.
The rally was held as part of the World Humanitarian Day celebrations at the University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state