Tamil Nadu records 1747 murders in 2011
Chennai: Love affairs and sexual causes besides family disputes were the major reasons behind 1747 murders committed in 2011, Tamil nadu government said on Tuesday.
The number of murders committed due to `love affairs and sexual causes,` wordy quarrel and personal enmity showed marginal increase, according to the policy note of the Home Department tabled in the state Assembly by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa who holds the portfolio.
Family quarrel (440), wordy quarrel (325), personal enmity (421) and Love Affairs and Sexual Causes (347) contributed the major share to the 1747 murders, it said.
The state recorded 1715 murders in 2010, it added.
On the crime trend, Jayalalithaa said while there was a declining trend between 2002-05 (during her earlier regime), "the trend shows a rise in number of murders from 2006-11," i.E. During the previous DMK rule.
Her government`s "strong-willed initiatives," will help in controlling crime and a committee consisting of Home Secretary, DGP and ADGP will be set up to monitor the situation on a monthly basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray