Tamil Nadu remembers Rajiv Gandhi
Chennai: Former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was remembered across Tamil Nadu on Monday on his 21st death anniversary.
State Governor K Rosiah administered the Anti-terrorism pledge to government staff at Udagamandalam while Assembly Speaker D Jayakumar did the same at the Secretariat here.
Gandhi was remembered by Congressmen at Sriperumbudur, where he was assassinated by an LTTE suicide bomber during an election rally 21 years ago.
TNCC President B S Gnanadesikan, MP, and Union Minister of State for Railways K H Muniappa were among those who paid homage to Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing