Tamil Nadu remembers Rajiv Gandhi
Chennai: Former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was remembered across Tamil Nadu on Monday on his 21st death anniversary.
State Governor K Rosiah administered the Anti-terrorism pledge to government staff at Udagamandalam while Assembly Speaker D Jayakumar did the same at the Secretariat here.
Gandhi was remembered by Congressmen at Sriperumbudur, where he was assassinated by an LTTE suicide bomber during an election rally 21 years ago.
TNCC President B S Gnanadesikan, MP, and Union Minister of State for Railways K H Muniappa were among those who paid homage to Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam