Tamil Nadu remembers Rajiv Gandhi
Chennai: Former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was remembered across Tamil Nadu on Monday on his 21st death anniversary.
State Governor K Rosiah administered the Anti-terrorism pledge to government staff at Udagamandalam while Assembly Speaker D Jayakumar did the same at the Secretariat here.
Gandhi was remembered by Congressmen at Sriperumbudur, where he was assassinated by an LTTE suicide bomber during an election rally 21 years ago.
TNCC President B S Gnanadesikan, MP, and Union Minister of State for Railways K H Muniappa were among those who paid homage to Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'