Tamil Nadu remembers Rajiv Gandhi
Chennai: Former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was remembered across Tamil Nadu on Monday on his 21st death anniversary.
State Governor K Rosiah administered the Anti-terrorism pledge to government staff at Udagamandalam while Assembly Speaker D Jayakumar did the same at the Secretariat here.
Gandhi was remembered by Congressmen at Sriperumbudur, where he was assassinated by an LTTE suicide bomber during an election rally 21 years ago.
TNCC President B S Gnanadesikan, MP, and Union Minister of State for Railways K H Muniappa were among those who paid homage to Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- EPFO likely to raise equity investment to 10%
- West Indies vs India: Statistical highlights — Records for Saha, pace pair Shami and Yadav
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test: 5-star Ashwin dominates hosts on Day 4
- Televangelist Zakir Naik's aides make startling revelations, it will shock you -- Read
- Govt begins search for Bankruptcy Board chief