Tamil Nadu: Sasikala`s brother arrested
Tiruchiraappalli: V Divaharan, brother of Sasikala Natarajan, former aide of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, was arrested here late Thursday night in connection with a house-demolition case, police said.
Divaharan was arrested by a police team engaged in vehicle checking at Ariyamangalam in the city. Later he was remanded to 15 days custody by a Judicial Magistrate in Needamangalam in Tiruvarur district, police said.
He was lodged in the central prison here early today.
One Kasturi in Rishiyur village in Needamangalam had last
month filed a complaint to the anti-land grabbing cell at
Thiruvarur alleging that a gang at the "instigation of
Divaharan" had demolished her house, constructed under Indira
Awaas Yojana, and also a thatched shed in Rishiyur on November
26 last year.
In her complaint, she alleged that Divaharan was angry with
her family as her husband had worked for DMK candidates during
the assembly elections and local body polls.
Divaharan is second member from Sasikala`s family to face
On January 27, Ravanan, another relative of Sasikala, was
arrested in Coimbatore on charges of abduction for ransom,
extortion and criminal conspiracy. He was also named as an
accused in a Rs one crore cheating case by a Tirupur-based
Jayalalithaa had on December 19 last year expelled Sasikala
and her family members, often considered a power centre in the
party, from the organisation`s primary membership.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference