Tamil Nadu: Sasikala`s brother arrested
Tiruchiraappalli: V Divaharan, brother of Sasikala Natarajan, former aide of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, was arrested here late Thursday night in connection with a house-demolition case, police said.
Divaharan was arrested by a police team engaged in vehicle checking at Ariyamangalam in the city. Later he was remanded to 15 days custody by a Judicial Magistrate in Needamangalam in Tiruvarur district, police said.
He was lodged in the central prison here early today.
One Kasturi in Rishiyur village in Needamangalam had last
month filed a complaint to the anti-land grabbing cell at
Thiruvarur alleging that a gang at the "instigation of
Divaharan" had demolished her house, constructed under Indira
Awaas Yojana, and also a thatched shed in Rishiyur on November
26 last year.
In her complaint, she alleged that Divaharan was angry with
her family as her husband had worked for DMK candidates during
the assembly elections and local body polls.
Divaharan is second member from Sasikala`s family to face
On January 27, Ravanan, another relative of Sasikala, was
arrested in Coimbatore on charges of abduction for ransom,
extortion and criminal conspiracy. He was also named as an
accused in a Rs one crore cheating case by a Tirupur-based
Jayalalithaa had on December 19 last year expelled Sasikala
and her family members, often considered a power centre in the
party, from the organisation`s primary membership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!