Tamil Nadu: SI injured as bomb explodes
Manavalakurichi: A sub-inspector was injured
when a bomb exploded as the bomb disposal squad was
defusing some 64 country bombs stored in three boats anchored
in the sea off Melamuttam near here, police said on Friday.
Murugesan was injured as a bomb went off while defusing it
last night. He suffered injuries in the face, chest and hand.
He has been admitted to a private hospital at Nagercoil
where his condition was stated to be good, police said.
Bomb disposal experts started checking a boat, after it was
damaged following an explosion around 1800 hrs yesterday.
As there was no bomb in the boat, except the one
that had exploded, police started checking the other boats.
They found 64 country bombs stored in three boats. It took
till midnight to dispose of all the bombs, an official said.
Police said two groups of Christian fishermen in some
villages around Melamuttam had clashed during the election to
the local Christian organisations on December 25 last
year. They had attacked each other with bombs, damaging houses,
sources said, adding, cases were pending against scores of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak