Tamil Nadu: SI injured as bomb explodes
Manavalakurichi: A sub-inspector was injured
when a bomb exploded as the bomb disposal squad was
defusing some 64 country bombs stored in three boats anchored
in the sea off Melamuttam near here, police said on Friday.
Murugesan was injured as a bomb went off while defusing it
last night. He suffered injuries in the face, chest and hand.
He has been admitted to a private hospital at Nagercoil
where his condition was stated to be good, police said.
Bomb disposal experts started checking a boat, after it was
damaged following an explosion around 1800 hrs yesterday.
As there was no bomb in the boat, except the one
that had exploded, police started checking the other boats.
They found 64 country bombs stored in three boats. It took
till midnight to dispose of all the bombs, an official said.
Police said two groups of Christian fishermen in some
villages around Melamuttam had clashed during the election to
the local Christian organisations on December 25 last
year. They had attacked each other with bombs, damaging houses,
sources said, adding, cases were pending against scores of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing