Tamil Nadu: Students left in dark over AIEEE postponement
Chennai: The postponement of the All-India
Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) by a over two hours
on Sunday due to leaking of question paper in Uttar Pradesh had
its repercussions in Chennai with confusion prevailing for some time
after students were not allowed into exam centres without
assigning any reason.
Many students and their parents, especially those who had
come from far-off places, protested in front of exam centres
in the city as officials did not allow them to enter the
premises in the morning without citing any reason.
The HRD Ministry had rescheduled the exams to 12 pm (from
9.30 am) and 7 pm (from 2pm).
Anxious students and parents complained that officials had
not revealed any information on the delay initially.
Ravikumar, who accompanied his daughter to an examination
centre, said while they were waiting since morning, officials
had informed of the postponement quite late.
Question paper of the AIEEE, basis for admission into
National Institutes of Technology and other engineering
colleges, were leaked in UP, forcing the CBSE to postpone the
test taken by over 12 lakh students across the country and
provide them with fresh set of questions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid