Tamil Nadu to have Heritage Commission
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Assembly on Wednesday passed a series of bills, including one to set up a state Heritage Commission.
A total of 20 bills moved by ministers of the respective departments during the course of the Budget session was passed in the AIADMK-majority house on the concluding day of the current session.
Among these were the Tamil Nadu Heritage Commission Bill, envisaging setting up a statutory authority on conservation of certain heritage structures not covered under relevant Central and state laws.
The Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments (Amendment) Bill, seeking to bring `samadhis` and `brindavans` under government ambit for better control, was also passed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail