Tamil Nadu to have Heritage Commission
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Assembly on Wednesday passed a series of bills, including one to set up a state Heritage Commission.
A total of 20 bills moved by ministers of the respective departments during the course of the Budget session was passed in the AIADMK-majority house on the concluding day of the current session.
Among these were the Tamil Nadu Heritage Commission Bill, envisaging setting up a statutory authority on conservation of certain heritage structures not covered under relevant Central and state laws.
The Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments (Amendment) Bill, seeking to bring `samadhis` and `brindavans` under government ambit for better control, was also passed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'