Tamil Nadu to have Heritage Commission
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Assembly on Wednesday passed a series of bills, including one to set up a state Heritage Commission.
A total of 20 bills moved by ministers of the respective departments during the course of the Budget session was passed in the AIADMK-majority house on the concluding day of the current session.
Among these were the Tamil Nadu Heritage Commission Bill, envisaging setting up a statutory authority on conservation of certain heritage structures not covered under relevant Central and state laws.
The Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments (Amendment) Bill, seeking to bring `samadhis` and `brindavans` under government ambit for better control, was also passed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender