Tamil Nadu: Woman dies after being set ablaze
Salem: Irked over their demands for
more dowry not being met, a man and his parents burnt to death his wife while she was sleeping at their residence,
They said the 25-year-old man and his parents had been
constantly harassing her for more dowry after the couple got
married six months back. This morning, they doused kerosene on the 18-year-old while she was asleep and set her ablaze, they said.
The man and his parents were arrested based on the dying
declaration of the woman in a hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed