Tamil Nadu: Woman dies after being set ablaze
Salem: Irked over their demands for
more dowry not being met, a man and his parents burnt to death his wife while she was sleeping at their residence,
They said the 25-year-old man and his parents had been
constantly harassing her for more dowry after the couple got
married six months back. This morning, they doused kerosene on the 18-year-old while she was asleep and set her ablaze, they said.
The man and his parents were arrested based on the dying
declaration of the woman in a hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what