TCS Chennai threat call turns hoax
Chennai: An anonymous call stating that a
bomb has been placed in a 16-storey building housing IT major
Tata Consultancy Services and other business units here sent
authorities into a tizzy but it turned out to be a hoax.
The call was received by a staff at private power firm in
the building complex in Ambattur, an industrial hub, around
0830 hrs on Friday, police said.
Police and bomb squad personnel searched the floors in the
building, after evacuating the companies` employees, but no
explosive was found.
Police said only six floors were occupied while the rest
were under construction.
Meanwhile, a release from the Tata Consultancy Services,
said, "This incident will not have any impact on our business
operations in Chennai as a training facility."
Of late, the city has been receiving many calls that turns
out to be hoax, a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!