TCS Chennai threat call turns hoax
Chennai: An anonymous call stating that a
bomb has been placed in a 16-storey building housing IT major
Tata Consultancy Services and other business units here sent
authorities into a tizzy but it turned out to be a hoax.
The call was received by a staff at private power firm in
the building complex in Ambattur, an industrial hub, around
0830 hrs on Friday, police said.
Police and bomb squad personnel searched the floors in the
building, after evacuating the companies` employees, but no
explosive was found.
Police said only six floors were occupied while the rest
were under construction.
Meanwhile, a release from the Tata Consultancy Services,
said, "This incident will not have any impact on our business
operations in Chennai as a training facility."
Of late, the city has been receiving many calls that turns
out to be hoax, a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan