TCS Chennai threat call turns hoax
Chennai: An anonymous call stating that a
bomb has been placed in a 16-storey building housing IT major
Tata Consultancy Services and other business units here sent
authorities into a tizzy but it turned out to be a hoax.
The call was received by a staff at private power firm in
the building complex in Ambattur, an industrial hub, around
0830 hrs on Friday, police said.
Police and bomb squad personnel searched the floors in the
building, after evacuating the companies` employees, but no
explosive was found.
Police said only six floors were occupied while the rest
were under construction.
Meanwhile, a release from the Tata Consultancy Services,
said, "This incident will not have any impact on our business
operations in Chennai as a training facility."
Of late, the city has been receiving many calls that turns
out to be hoax, a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday