TCS Chennai threat call turns hoax
Chennai: An anonymous call stating that a
bomb has been placed in a 16-storey building housing IT major
Tata Consultancy Services and other business units here sent
authorities into a tizzy but it turned out to be a hoax.
The call was received by a staff at private power firm in
the building complex in Ambattur, an industrial hub, around
0830 hrs on Friday, police said.
Police and bomb squad personnel searched the floors in the
building, after evacuating the companies` employees, but no
explosive was found.
Police said only six floors were occupied while the rest
were under construction.
Meanwhile, a release from the Tata Consultancy Services,
said, "This incident will not have any impact on our business
operations in Chennai as a training facility."
Of late, the city has been receiving many calls that turns
out to be hoax, a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Delhi boy 'Sonu', abducted 6 years ago, returns home from Bangladesh today
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady Gaga to pay tribute to Orlando Victims
- Beach fresh in pastel, Priyanka Chopra exhibits simplicity in new magazine cover!
- Terrorists holed up inside building in J&K's Pulwama; 2 killed, encounter underway