TDP chief Naidu visits flood-hit areas in Visakhapatnam
Visakhapatnam: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president Chandrababu Naidu visited flood-hit areas of Visakhapatnam district on Tuesday.
Naidu visited Anakapalle, Munagapaka, Elamanchili and Payakaraopeta Mandals of the district, passing through the narrow roads and addressed people at several villages, where water is yet to recede from farms or compounds of low-lying houses.
He waded through the flood waters at Chuchukonda and Ganaparthi villages in Munagapaka mandal, said to be among the worst affected areas of the district and where flood waters are still flowing three feet over a bridge that links the two villages.
He assured all possible help to the distressed villagers.
Floodwater has submerged farmlands and some villages.
India`s disaster preparedness has improved dramatically in recent years, and aid workers praised precautions and preparedness by authorities for dealing with cyclone Phailin, such as early warning, pre-positioning of rations in shelters and orderly and timely evacuations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16