TDP chief Naidu visits flood-hit areas in Visakhapatnam
Visakhapatnam: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president Chandrababu Naidu visited flood-hit areas of Visakhapatnam district on Tuesday.
Naidu visited Anakapalle, Munagapaka, Elamanchili and Payakaraopeta Mandals of the district, passing through the narrow roads and addressed people at several villages, where water is yet to recede from farms or compounds of low-lying houses.
He waded through the flood waters at Chuchukonda and Ganaparthi villages in Munagapaka mandal, said to be among the worst affected areas of the district and where flood waters are still flowing three feet over a bridge that links the two villages.
He assured all possible help to the distressed villagers.
Floodwater has submerged farmlands and some villages.
India`s disaster preparedness has improved dramatically in recent years, and aid workers praised precautions and preparedness by authorities for dealing with cyclone Phailin, such as early warning, pre-positioning of rations in shelters and orderly and timely evacuations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan