TDP demands Bharat Ratna award for late NT Rama Rao
Hyderabad: Highlighting the contribution of late NT Rama Rao in the fields of cinema and politics, TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday demanded that the TDP founder be given Bharat Ratna award.
Rama Rao, who acted in about 400 films in Telugu, Tamil and Hindi, made stellar contributions in the film industry, Naidu said in a release today.
He worked for social causes during his long film career, Naidu said.
Rama Rao created history by coming to power in just nine months after forming Telugu Desam Party, it said.
He implemented far-reaching administrative measures like rice for two rupees a kilo, bringing in a legislation giving equal share for women in hereditary property.
Rama Rao should be given Bharat Ratna in deference to the wishes of Telugu people, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional