Teams formed to trace man eater animal in TN
Erode (TN): Intensifying their efforts to nab the man eater leopard which killed a 42-year old farmer, three teams have been formed to scour the Thimbam, Hassanure and Thalamalai forest ranges to capture the elusive feline, officials said on Saturday.
CCTV cameras have also been placed at around 20 to 25 locations to monitor the movement of the animal, they said.
The farmer had ventured into the forest on Thursday to tend to his cattle, but did not return home. His relatives who launched a search, found his severely mauled body yesterday in Kalithimbam forest area.
Forest officials are divided in their opinion about the type of animal that killed the farmer. While some suspect it to be a man eater leopard, others said the exact type of animal has not been established so far but opined it could be some carnivore.
Correct information would be available in a day or two, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'