Teams formed to trace man eater animal in TN
Erode (TN): Intensifying their efforts to nab the man eater leopard which killed a 42-year old farmer, three teams have been formed to scour the Thimbam, Hassanure and Thalamalai forest ranges to capture the elusive feline, officials said on Saturday.
CCTV cameras have also been placed at around 20 to 25 locations to monitor the movement of the animal, they said.
The farmer had ventured into the forest on Thursday to tend to his cattle, but did not return home. His relatives who launched a search, found his severely mauled body yesterday in Kalithimbam forest area.
Forest officials are divided in their opinion about the type of animal that killed the farmer. While some suspect it to be a man eater leopard, others said the exact type of animal has not been established so far but opined it could be some carnivore.
Correct information would be available in a day or two, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!