Technical snag delays Chennai-Hong Kong flight by more than 10 hours
Chennai: A Cathay Pacific flight bound for Hong Kong from here has been delayed by more than 10 hours due to a technical snag, airport sources said Sunday.
The aircraft with 225 passengers on board was to leave Chennai around 13.30 hrs. However, the pilot detected a snag as it was taxiing to the main runway, they said.
All the passengers were asked to disembark and were later put up in nearby hotels, they said.
The flight is expected to resume its onward journey at around 0100 hrs Monday, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...