Technical snag delays Chennai-Hong Kong flight by more than 10 hours
Chennai: A Cathay Pacific flight bound for Hong Kong from here has been delayed by more than 10 hours due to a technical snag, airport sources said Sunday.
The aircraft with 225 passengers on board was to leave Chennai around 13.30 hrs. However, the pilot detected a snag as it was taxiing to the main runway, they said.
All the passengers were asked to disembark and were later put up in nearby hotels, they said.
The flight is expected to resume its onward journey at around 0100 hrs Monday, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him